The Benefits of Dental Veneers
Could you benefit from veneers by your Bethesda, MD, dentist, Dr. John Kelly?
Veneers are wafer-thin coverings that are placed on the teeth's surface to act as strong substitutes for tooth enamel. Veneers create a natural-looking surface when bonded to the surface of your teeth. Veneers, like natural tooth enamel, are tough and translucent, however, they do not stain like natural teeth.
More About Porcelain Veneers
Veneers beautify your smile by providing good tooth color, shape, and proper alignment. Veneers can improve any of the following characteristics:
Color: Teeth become stained by foods and drinks, smoking, chewing tobacco and aging.
Alignment & Spacing: Veneers can close small gaps between teeth and/or make minor adjustments to correct tooth alignment.
Size & Shape: Teeth become worn down from teeth grinding habits and naturally irregular-shaped teeth.
Dental Veneers Process
- First, visit Dr. John Kelly's Bethesda office to discuss what you don't like about your teeth discuss and whether veneers can solve the issue
- Once you and your doctor have agreed upon a plan, your dentist will remove small amounts of enamel off the surfaces of your teeth
- Next, your dentist will create a mold of your teeth and send it to a laboratory to create veneers
- You'll then receive a temporary set of veneers while your permanent set is being manufactured
- Finally, your permanent veneers are cemented onto your teeth.
Are veneers for everyone?
Veneers aren't always the answer. You may need other treatment options because veneers can't be used to:
- Correct severely misaligned teeth
- Close large dental gaps
- Extreme tooth decay and decay
- Severe trauma due to an accident or tooth grinding
If you are interested in a new smile with veneers, call your Bethesda, MD, dentist's office today to learn more at (301) 657-3220! With dental veneers, you can rejuvenate your smile and get to living your best life!